Sunday, November 4, 2007

an adventure

Before I do or say anything.....I'm sorry about my time away...you know... out of sight out of mind... I guess. ;)
To make up for the abandonment I have decided to share with you a personnel story... A story of surprise, beauty, a dash of shame and OF COURSE TEA!
So... the other day I am walking down 86th street, to be exact I was on 86th between first and second... in New York ... (for my out of town readers) well asI am walking I see lots and lots of garbage bags, although they do not seem to be garbage.
Before I go on I would like to give you some background information of myself. You know those people that make a living going through other peoples garbage and then either sell or use the stuff they find.. I think they are called... well I forget... they have a name though. Well although I don't judge at all, OBVIOUSLY, I am not one... background info done.
Well I see these bags of "garbage" and what is in it but tons and tons and TONS of unopened tea... I look around and think who would do this? and then I see I am standing right in front of a grocery store, so I figured they must have been overstocked and thrown the extra rest out... so I took some, I took a lot. Now I am not shamed because I figure it was completely sealed and tea does not go bad and it is inappropriate to throw away perfectly good tea... so no i am not shamed.
this is a list of the tea I got.
-Green Tea Ming
-Red Bush Herb Tea
-Cranberry Apple Zinger
-Green Tea Apple and Spice
-Green Chai
I put all this tea in my bag and then went home.
I had A LOT of tea to start with so now it is absurd but the good kind of absurd!
My moral of my story is keep your eyes open on the street for tea, it is there, you just have to find it. :)

Jealous? Kinda?



Tea of the moment: my free tea...c'mon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lulu! i really got into your blog about a month ago when I was searching the blogger site for tea blogs because I am a hge tea lover, and I have really missed your company! Today I have decided based on your three intelligent and insightful entries and your sensual, witty and surprising writing style, that you are now my favorite blogger on the internet! I have bookmarked you!
Oh! And I have a question for you... I love tea with milk and sugar, but sometimes when I want to drink it late at night, I am kept awake by the caffeine. Is there any way that I can have my (and yours!) favorite kind of tea that doesn't make me hyper. My little brother says I get so anoying sometimes!
Hope to talk to you soon, Lulu, Goddess of the tea!
-Haley in Galveston

Anonymous said...

goddess of tea: really very magical. i am slightly concerned about the amount of garbage picking you're doing, but no worries on my end.

p.s. h-o-m-e-l-e-s-s is the term you apparently lost. surprising, your loss of memory on that, as i do believe that you were picking with a homeless man. did he walk away with any tea, i wonder?