Saturday, December 15, 2007

Be classy


There is no denying it Christmas is just around the corner, the river bend, the rainbow and it would just be inappropriate at this point not to bring it up.
Some people around Christmas prefer to drink eggnog, apple cider, or a big glass of milk (disgusting in my opinion) but not here, here we drink tea.
If you are contemplating what tea to serve at your Christmas gathering I have a few suggestions.
-First one that comes to my mind is Pine Needle Tea. This is a tea I used to make when I was little. You go outside and you collect pine needles. I f you are not in a place where you can so easily collect pine needles I would just say look around your house for it, it's Christmas, you will find some pine needles. Next boil some hot water. Then clean the pine needles, as who knows where they've been, and then wrap them up together and put them in your boiling water. Let sit for like five minutes, and then take out the pine needles. This is pine needle tea. I won't lie to you, it doesn't taste like much... BUT if you smell it it smells like a Christmas tree which in my opinion is the smell of the Christmas Holiday.
-I would say any sort of spicy tea... such as Chi, Cinnamon, or really anything that is warm and has that very allspice taste, which is the taste of Christmas.
-Peppermint tea. Is there anything more Christmasy than Peppermint?
-I would say any type of black tea... It's warm, it's cozy, it's elegant, and i don't know about you, but that's what Christmas is like in my household...

So, yeah, as you can see some of the most Christmasy things in the world are teas. So forget about all those other drinks and just drink TEA



Tea of the moment: Cinnamon Tea...mmmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first of all: i don't agree that milk is disgusting. in fact, i rather enjoy milk! a big no, no: WARM milk!? i do NOT understand the lure to warm milk. it's smelly.

which leads me to the pine needle tea. smelly...in the how wonderful-it's christmas sort of way. how do you clean the needles? do you have any suggestions as to make it taste better without loosing the christmasy-smellyness? maybe honey or some spices??

DigiDream said...
This comment has been removed by the author.